Player Problems

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Dec 8 06:11:19 EST 2005

Hi John,

To have a player playing a file, you have to set its filename
property to the path of any sound file on your hard disk.
Unfortunately, if you use the property inspector to set it, it only
allows to choose video files :-(
A quick workaround in the message box or by script:
answer file "Choose a sound file:";set the fileName of player <player
name> to it

About managing music players, the "How to Monitor a QuickTime Player
by Script" tutorial might help you:
This stack shows you how to monitor a QT player to play music (mp3
included) and provide all the usual commands, and more, to the user.
How to know if the right version of QT is installed, manage
durations, progress, quick searches, sound level, loops, play-lists,
etc.
The main commands are embedded in a scripted group, which you can
export into any project. This scripted group is able to monitor, not
only sound files, but also the video files as well.
Print function included.

You will access this tutorial through "Tutorials Picker" a free
plugin that interfaces with the So Smart Software website in order to
display all available tutorials directly from the web.
You will find it by going to http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/.
Revolution/Plugins or Tutorials section.

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.