VU meter

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Dec 8 02:33:19 EST 2005

Recently, Bill Marriott wrote:

> Ok Scott -- next, how do we read the ID3 tags from an MP3? :)

Wish I could tell you.  I've asked this on the list before and some folks
have offered suggestions, but none of them has proven reliable (apparently
the location of the tags can vary within the file).  I gave up on tags for
now and use the filename instead.  You can see an example here in a two
channel player/mixer toy:

  go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/happymixer.rev"

Reminder: QT and EnhancedQT external are needed to run this stack (also, any
recent version of Rev that supports deep masks).

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design