Disabling MenuItems

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Dec 7 16:25:58 EST 2005

Hi Joe,

You can use line lineOffset(<menuItem name>, tMenu) of tMenu
where tMenu is your menu put into a variable:

put "(" before line lineOffset("Paste", tMenu) of tMenu
Very fast an reliable.

To be not kindly corrected by Ken :-)
I would add that, sometimes you will use:
put lineOffset(tab & <menuItem name>, tMenu) of tMenu into tSkip
put "(" before line lineOffset("tab & <menuItem name>, tMenu,tSkip)
of tMenu
That will dim the second menu item of the same name in a submenu :-)

Le 7 déc. 05 à 22:18, LunchnMeets at aol.com a écrit :

> This is an interesting thread. As long as we're talking about this...
>
> Can menuitems be addressed by name rather than number? I don't
> always have
> the items in the same position.
>
> Joe,
> Orlando, Florida