Why is Konfabulator "Pretty?"

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Dec 7 15:41:03 EST 2005

Chipp-

Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 11:57:29 AM, you wrote:

> My best guess is that we're both *sorta* correct ;-) I believe
> Revolution 'builds' the buttons using the correct theme 'bits', but
> probably doesn't use the direct API call to do so. 'Course I could be

I believe you're right, since they aren't really buttons in the OS
sense of the word, but images that are bitmapped onto the screen. It's
the same with fields. If you try looking at the window declarations on
the screen with any of the available tools you'll see that there's
nothing recognizable within the stack window itself. It's part of how
the cross-platform look and feel is achieved.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net