Why is Konfabulator "Pretty?"

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 7 09:14:57 EST 2005

Bill,

I use OSX all of the time and also see the look and feel correctly. I
just bought a Sony Laptop and hooked up a 20" monitor side by side
with my 23" Apple cinema display. I am using XP pro and Office 2003.

I am noticing just how far windows has come in look and feel. I am
just getting used to (again) to the HIG of XP.

I am curious as to how consistent this look is? When I change the
Appearance and Themes from Windows XP [Modified] to Windows XP the
entire look and feel changes. Let alone to Classic or a downloaded one.

I also notice that the text in menus and buttons has many choices
including transition effects and shadows etc.

I guess what I am asking is with all of these possible choices and
combinations, how do I or how is Rev supposed to handle all of those
changes. (not a complaint but instead an understanding is needed)

I mean XP [Modified] I guess by Sony is nice to look at but regular
XP is quite ugly to me. Who do I target? Who do I create my look and
feel towards? I usually write my own menus and buttons and look and
feel bypassing the system defaults but what do I do when I need to do
a traditional type application (in the context of this discussion).

Curious about your insights,

Tom