Why isn't Rev more popular?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 18:17:03 EST 2005

> > I haven't used M.Y.O.B. in years, but recall it being a good program.
> >
> > But I'm surprised neither of these has ever asked you to tell them what
> > printing you're using.
>

> Just for the record, I've used MYOB for years as my accounting program,
> and it puts up the print job dialog before every print job. So strike
> that one off the list.

As an aside to this, one of the most frequently used pieces of
business software I have ever written is a search engine for MYOB. It
has the most useless search facility ever made and if you use it to
order thousands of different products from hundreds of suppliers, you
are lost, unless you can remember exactly what you entered. For
example, if you bought "Plastic sheet, acrylic", you can't search for
"acrylic", you can only search from the beginning of the string.

My utility uses AppleScript to grab all the data from MYOB
periodically, imports it in to the Rev app, then allows proper
filtering.

Cheers,
Sarah