Freezing when I edit field contents

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Dec 6 14:26:48 EST 2005

Hi Richmond,

1. I never encounter this: Is that happens with a brand new stack? If
not, you know the story :-)
2. You could have a look at the SmartSave plugin from Frederic
Rinaldi: http://rinaldicollection.free.fr/frevplugins_frame.htm that
makes Rev acting as HC.
3. You might prefer a completely "manual" solution with AltArchive
from Chipp: http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/altPluginDownload/
Downloads.htm
4. Or a possible mix with my Backups Picker: http://
www.sosmartsoftware.com/?r=revolution&l=en

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 6 déc. 05 à 20:10, Mathewson a écrit :

> When I edit field contents in stacks in 2.6.1 on my Macs RR
> sometimes freezes and the only way I can get out of this is
> a Force Quit - this can be a pain in the b*m as all the
> edits after the last SAVE are lost.
>
> NOW in the 'palmy days' of Hypercard, there was no need to
> SAVE as this was done automatically - I understand the use
> of being able to Save / Backtrack. But I have spotted one
> or 2 other messages about Freezing so either RR nned to go
> back to the HC save-as-we-go method, or stop the freeze.
>
> Now, I'm a bit thick when it comes to the 0s and the 1s:
> but isn't that something called "Memory Overflow"?
>
> Of course I could have got the cuase of the freezing
> completely wrong . . . anybody out there who wants to put
> me straight is welcome.

So Smart Software

Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86