Rev performance: help!

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 16:29:34 EST 2005

> I'm flipping out today over what seems to be a sudden and
> inexplicable degradation in Rev's performance. When I started up the
> stack today, everything had slowed to a crawl. Eventually, I tried
> opening an older version of the stack on my laptop (a separate
> computer) and...same thing! After hours of this I even tried
> reinstalling Rev, and still the same behavior.

Have a look in the Pending messages section of the Message box to see
if some messages are piling up there or being triggered frequently.
Then you could check the Message Watcher, again to see if there is
something unusual there.

Another test could be to lock messages, then open your stack and check
what happens.

Cheers,
Sarah