show vs visible

Preston Shea darkshadow1 at metrocast.net
Sat Dec 3 20:25:04 EST 2005

Marty -

I get out of my depth pretty easily, so your observation may be going over
my head:

"But there is a way of setting the property (hide and show) without
actually referring to the property "visible".  So why can't we
find out the state of the property without knowing explicitly
about it, i.e., what the property's name is?  "

Hide and show are verbs (commands) visible is a property with boolean value:
"If the visible of myObject is false then..." or "If not the visible of
myObject then..."
I don't know if you could say this with just "hide"