Losing sight of the point . . .

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Sat Dec 3 11:56:43 EST 2005

I had a dream where I was teaching English to 3 non-native
speakers:

1. had no English at all (and wanted basic conversational
English).

2. was fluent in US English and wanted to adapt to British
English.

3. was an intermediate learner who was unsure of how much
more he wanted to learn.

None of them were happy with what I was teaching them;

for 1. it was too sophisticated

for 2. it was too simple

for 3. it didn't seem quite right

Not a very subtle fable, but about the best I can do.

Is RUNTIME REVOLUTION a:

1. 'Toy' programming environment (c.f. PPT)?

2. An extremely sophisticated programming environment for
full-time programmers?

3. Hypercard with a few dialectal differences and
possibilities to widen one's vocabulary?

Nobody seems to know, and I feel that RR aren't telling.

Of course 1. could play with PPT, 2. could work with C+++
and 2 could stick with Hypercard. But that would be a pity.

sincerely, Richmond

See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html