Revolution is not Tablet PC compliant

Walton Sumner wsumner at im.wustl.edu
Fri Dec 2 13:06:05 EST 2005

Rob, I also use a tablet PC, but there are several features that Rev does
not support. So far I just make do without. Besides handwriting recognition,
a tablet PC usually offers a floating keyboard/writing pad when your pen
hovers over a text area. Rev does not support this either in scripts or in
editable fields.

The fixed on-screen keyboard works fine, if you like pecking at keys with a
pen. Tried using the handwriting recognition to insert characters in fields
and the script editor, seems that it inserts a box with chartonum() value of
zero after every legitimate character. I have not tried to intercept this.

One of my projects is a survey development kit. Although most inputs require
only tapping/clicking, it would certainly benefit from accepting handwritten
http://support.runrev.com/bugdatabase/ ) number when you have it.

I agree that Rev seems unique in not supporting the tablet very well, and
that tablets and Rev should have a rich future.

Walton Sumner