Why isn't Rev more popular?

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Fri Dec 2 13:06:25 EST 2005

Well for reasons I may not be aware of, all the new commands seem to be in the format, "revDoSomething" followed by parameters. Example:

    revAddXMLNode treeID, parentPath, nodeName, nodeContents

the official example:

    revAddXMLNode 9,"/","Balls",""

Why couldn't you say something like

    add node "Balls" to the root path of XML tree id 9

I'm not saying that is the exact perfect syntax, nor is it "compact," but it would be super readable/self-documenting and easy to remember. That's what I love about the language, and this is what I mean about advancing TransScript.

Bill

[Oh yeah, reason #15: Inability to copy and paste from the documentation stack! :)]