Why isn't Rev more popular?

Mark Swindell mdswindell at charter.net
Thu Dec 1 21:51:05 EST 2005

On Dec 1, 2005, at 3:13 PM, Kevin Miller wrote:

> If you ask people "why isn't" or "what's wrong with x" type
> questions it
> invites, well, all negative responses. I'm sure we can do better,
> especially
> when you give us feedback that is concrete and specific.

Kevin,

Thanks for your post, and I'm glad to hear that the Rev team is
confident things are moving well for Revolution.   I use Revolution
every day in my work and greatly appreciate it, and those who make it
happen for me.

To clarify, the question was not meant to invite negativism at all,
but rather realistic responses to help explain what would seem to be
a disparity between a great tool and how widespread its use and
reputation.

Popularity doesn't reflect value or integrity... only how well-known
something or someone is.  Randy Newman is (in my opinion) a brilliant
musician/songwriter, but he's certainly not "popular."   Asking why
he's not more popular doesn't say anything negative about him.  But
it could help explain why more people don't appreciate or know his
work, which, if popularity were on his wish-list, could only be a
good thing for him in his bid to make it so.

Mark