Magnifying a shrunken image --- without using imageData

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Aug 30 14:05:57 EDT 2005

Hi,

Well maybe I misunderstand the problem then!

In my case I have images that are around 1500 x 500 pixels  in size.
I show a preview of this in a seperate image which is scalled so the
width is 250 pixels and the height adjusts depending on the aspect
ratio. From re-reading the original post,  Roger wants to take a
portion of the smaller preview image and scale it up. If you scale
from the preview, then a lot of data has already been lost, so he
wants to get the data from the original image, scalled from the the
preview. If you take the data from the preview and then scale it, it
will become pixelated, the extent of this pixelation will obviously
depend on the size of the original and the size of the preview. In my
case the loss was just too great, and anyway, it's still much better
to scale from the original if you are looking for the best quality.

All the Best
Dave