Building Classic app problems

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Aug 29 13:16:02 EDT 2005

Jeffrey Reynolds wrote:
> well, i have been trying to make my classic app by building it in rev251
> mac osx authoring with the mac classic 251 engine and still no luck. im
> working on trying to figure out what exactly is not working in the
> classic app. it appears like my images are not loading from files, but
> first attempts to look at paths look like they are kosher. they even do
> this on a straight os9 system. stacks from mc2.1 that do the same
> routines do the same thing when made into rev251 classic apps from
> rev251 osx.
>
> this one really has me scratching my head big time...
>
> osx standalones work great from 251 or 26.
>
> any ideas?

This sounds like a file path problem to me, since OS X paths and OS 9
paths are different, depending on how you are calculating them. If you
are using full file paths then it should work fine on either build, but
if you are calculating the file path based on the location of the
standalone then you need to do it differently in the two operating systems.

Can you give us an idea of what your file paths looks like?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com