Using message box

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Mon Aug 29 10:18:32 EDT 2005

Hi Bill,

put whatever into message

 From the docs:
The message box is a container as well as a window.
You can show and hide the message box, put information into it, and
get information from it.
The two-word synonyms message window and msg window can be used only
to show and hide the message box.
To put a value into the message box or read the value in the message
box, use the forms message, msg, message box, and msg box.

As for searching for a put that has no "into", you have to script it.
If it can help, send me a mail off-list: I have a little stack that
makes the job (you specify something like: find all lines of code
where x is but y is not).
You might be interested by Chipp's altFindPut too: http://
www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/altPluginDownload/Downloads.htm

Le 29 août 05 à 15:37, Bill a écrit :

> I have been using the message box all along like this:
>
> Put variable
>
> Or put "whatever"
>
> And the result comes out in the message box. The problem with this
> is how do
> you search for that event in a whole lot of code. You can't search
> for "put"
>
> So I want to say "put whatever into messagebox" only that doesn't
> work. If
> you ask the message box what it is called then you get stack
> "message box"
> so what I need is either:
>
> How do you search for a put that has no "into"
>
> Or what is the line in the message box called so that in the future
> I can
> name it explicitly?

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.