Makeover for the revolution-education wiki

Marielle Lange rp011s7075 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Aug 29 05:27:29 EDT 2005

Dear all,

At least, I found the time to do what I was craving for months:
create a personalized look-and-feel for the revolution-education wiki:

http://revolution.lexicall.org/wiki/

The goal was to make it less crowded and easier to read. Let me know
what you think. Please also let me know if the change created any
problem on the platform and browser you use.

As there are differences between male and female preferences, know
that you can easily switch back to the old design or any of the
default designs coming with tikiwiki. For this, login with your
username, select Preferences in the top bar (on the left of mytiki),
and choose the style sheet that you prefer (the previous one was
moreneat.css).

To choose the color theme, I used this color schemer tool on the web:
http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html
It builds a palette of harmonious colours based on a first colour
given. It also let you check how your color scheme looks to persons
with color blindness. The javascript is in the document's source...
worth considering creating a similar application in revolution.

Marielle

Marielle Lange (PhD),  Psycholinguistics, Lecturer in Psychology and
Informatics
University of Edinburgh, UK

Homepage:  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mlange/
Lexicall project: http://lexicall.org