Spell Checker

Yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Sun Aug 28 03:58:01 EDT 2005

Le 27 août 05 à 23:48, Sivakatirswami a écrit :

> Jonathan:
>
> Can you share your spell checker with us? or is this proprietary?
> (put it on line somewhere or send to me off list?)
>
> I don't care if it is not polished in terms of the UI, as long the
> basic algorithms and scripts are accessible, I can put it to work..
>
> basically I have a single field I am checking and would like to get
>
> a) mis-spelled words flagged in that field
> b) a suggestion list--(very basic, that segment of the alphabet
> would do... right, I know... not very smart and all the "s's" could
> be a long suggestion list, but my implementation will let them view
> two different suggestion lists, one the "common" English dict and
> two, a specialized words list... the latter will be short...

Hi Jonathan,

I'm also very interested in Spell checker.

Working on Mac OS X, I found very a pity that Revolution doesn't
support the cocoa services system of mac OS X
So I'd like to build my own. I'm a French (language) user and have a
big file of french words.
I'd like to use this file as base of Spell Checking.

Can you show us how you proceed ?

Thank you?

Greetings.

Yves COPPE