Dragging from a list field

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Aug 27 23:27:45 EDT 2005

On Aug 27, 2005, at 8:14 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Phil Davis wrote:
> >
> > Instead of using Rev's drap/drop features, you could fake it with a
> > button that appears at the mouseLoc when the drag begins.
>
> Thanks Phil. I've seen this before and works well. In this case I
> have to drag between two stacks though, so a button won't work.
>
> Actually, I have the dragging part working, it is toggling between
> two states in the list field that has me stuck.

What I did in the same scenario was move the selectionChanged code to
mouseDown.  I couldn't find another way around it.  You have to set
dragData in mouseDown.  mouseDown is sent before selectionChanged and
setting the dragData kills selectionChanged.

I'm not sure that this is directly related to setting the dragData
though.  It seems there are other ways to kill selectionChanged in
mouseDown as well.  For example:

on selectionChanged
     answer "selectionChanged"
     pass selectionChanged
end selectionChanged

on mouseDown
     answer "mouseDown"
     pass mouseDown
end mouseDown

In Rev 2.6 on OS X you will never see the answer dialog for
selectionChanged.  If you remove the answer "mouseDown" code you
will.  A repeat loop in a mouseDown event can kill selectionChanged.
See bug #2930.

So there are many ways to keep selectionChanged to keep from being
called.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia