Mac Classic standalones

Jeffrey Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Sat Aug 27 15:04:07 EDT 2005

Thanks for the confirmations! at least im not nutz, well dont talk to
my friends.

some more fiddling makes it look like messages like openstack and
opencard and such are not being sent by the stack when the actions
happen. i rigged some buttons to send those messages on cards and i
could get a lot of my functionality working again. mouse clicks and
mouseenter and mouseleave appear to be being sent when you are on a
card. so if you rely on setting up a lot of things with openstack and
opencard (or cleanup with closecard) this just wont happen when you
make the 25 os9 build from 26 osx authoring.

is it kosher to take a 26 stack created with osx 26 rev authoring and
open it in osx rev 251 authoring to do the os9 build? I dont think i am
doing anything feature/call wise that is 26 specific at all in my
scripts. these programs are kept simple on purpose to make them as
bullet proof and error free as possible. I am doing quicktime movies,
but only doing things that i have been doing for years in mc/rev,
nothing fancy call wise that hasn't been there for the last 4 years or
so.

I am in a bit of a bind here since i need to ship a product in the next
month with an os9 build along with the osx and xp builds. the osx and
xp are working great... Since much of this code was used in an os9
build last year i had little worry that it was going to do anything
strange until i tried to make the standalone, should have done this
earlier, just got in a rush in all the production phases...

cheers,

jeff

On Aug 27, 2005, at 12:29 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com