Conference Stacks (was menu maven)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Aug 26 17:11:34 EDT 2005

simplsol at aol.com wrote:
> Jacque,
> You wrote:
>  "Since I kind of doubt that people are using the "Notes" card at the
> end, I was thinking of putting additions in there. Of course, then folks
> have to remember to go look there. But it seems like a logical place to
> put it, and the card already exists."
>
>  I agree. Another benefit of eliminating the Notes card, as we know it
> now, is people will not be randomly changing the stacks. There will be
> one "official" stack on the Rev server which will always have the latest
> info - this will encourage browsing rather than downloading. Everything
> will be in sync.

Theoretically it's supposed to be like that now. Originally the Notes
card was just for the user's personal copy, so unless someone is
distributing theirs privately I don't think there will be much conflict.
The "official" stack is the one on the server.

>  I also think it is important to have a "gate-keeper". Someone should
> review, filter, and possibly consolidate, the additions. I believe the
> best person to do this is the conference author.

That would be helpful. They could send me the additions in an email and
I could add them to the "official" copy on the server.

> Paul Looney
>  PS I hope you don't have to refer to that framed "for bad days"
> compliment too often.

Me too! :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com