set rect of fld f1 of cd c1 of wd w1 to rect of fld f2 of cdc2 of wd w2

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Aug 26 16:25:07 EDT 2005

Dick Kriesel wrote:
> On 8/26/05 11:49 AM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>

>>I think altID is the way to go because it also lets you reference things
>>numerically
>
> <snip>
>
>>b) Valid ID numbers go up to 2 billion
>

> Valid altID numbers go up to only 65535.
>
> create button
> repeat with i = 65535 to 65537
>   set the altID of it to i
>   put the altID of it & cr after msg
> end repeat
>
> The above puts the following:
>
> 65535
> 0
> 1
>
> I could not find a BugZilla entry about altID.  Does anyone else think there
> should be one?  Should it be a bug report or an enhancement request?

Excellent catch, Dick. I had no idea that the altID would use a
completely different scheme from the ID.

I would think that would be an enhancement request, and given the number
of people who would use it (you, me, and Jonathan) I think we can guess
when it would be implemented. ;)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation