Transparent Images

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Fri Aug 26 09:12:24 EDT 2005

Hi Scott, the best way is to import images that have an alpha channel.
e.g. png or .gif files. I prefer png files, as gif has many
disadvantages. You might be interested in this small tutorial:

http://www.derbrill.de/revstack/pngvsgif.rev.zip

or in the messagebox:

go stack URL "http://www.derbrill.de/revstack/pngvsgif.rev"

If it is for existing images, you could try playing around with ink
(see ink in the dictionary) However, preparing the images in an image
editor gives better results.

Hope that helps,

Malte

 >Hi folks,

 >I've tried in vain to get image transparency
 >on buttons in Rev.  The pink color used in
 >other IDE's are not transparent in Rev.  Nor
 >is a white background.  Can anybody suggest
 >a way to set the transparency color in images
 >imported into Rev?

ArcadeEngine - prepare to WOW your audience within minutes
http://www.runrev.com/section/revselect/arcadeengine
http://www.derbrill.com/arcadeengine/forum

Help flood victims from Switzerland: http://www.derbrill.de