Where to put the ( ) ?

Jason Vickers jvickers2002 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 25 19:16:13 EDT 2005

Hi all,
I have a field with "list behavior" selected as a property.  I want to be able to select the clickText and put it into a variable and simultaneously put the line number into a variable.  The code for it is generating a compile error.

When the card opens, I get the following error.

compiling at 6:38:35 AM
Type Function: missing '('
Object tests
Line put the value of clickLine of field "tests" into txtLocation
Hint

There is no hint....

Here is the code for that:

local txtLocation
on mouseDown
    put the clickText into selectTest
    put the value of clickLine of field "tests" into txtLocation
end mouseDown

(Everything works when I build the standalone, but I still want to get rid of the error.)

TIA,
Jason