Rev cgi & PHP - new question (shell command)

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Thu Aug 25 16:51:04 EDT 2005

Alex,

> If they are on same machine, you could simply run it via shell or open
> process.
> However, many PHP scripts will be already set up to get their parameters
> via URL options, so it may be easier to to do
>    get URL
> ("http://the.other.server.thisdomain.com/phpscript?arg1=value&arg2=val")
> (watch out for quoting and urlencoding etc.)
> and this might be easier even if it is the same server.

everything will be on the same machine, same domain.

in the past I've tried to access various URLs through "get URL" but
it never worked... could it be related to some firewall / server settings ?

Thanks,
JB