[FR] [EN] Arcade engine (Was: Re: Dreamcard Player musing (the Sequel, I))

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Thu Aug 25 14:18:09 EDT 2005

Hi Marielle and Dom. (I switch to english only mode, because my french
is not good enough)

http://revolution.lexicall.org/wiki/tiki-index.php?
page=TechniquesGamesPhysics

A very interesting read. :-)

In arcadeEngine, besides other functions,  you have access to the
following collision-detection functions

circle-circle collisions
circle-line collisions
pixel precise collisions for images

It also allows to move your objects asynchronously (each object with a
different speed and path, all under scripted control)
on
-linear paths
-polygonal paths
-circular paths
-elliptical paths

Here is a mini tutorial for detecting circle-polygon collisions:

http://derbrill.com/arcadeengine/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12

All the best,

Malte

ArcadeEngine - prepare to WOW your audience within minutes
http://www.runrev.com/section/revselect/arcadeengine
http://www.derbrill.com/arcadeengine/forum

http://www.derbrill.de