searching all scripts in an application

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Thu Aug 25 11:35:43 EDT 2005

On Aug 24, 2005, at 8:25 AM, Jon wrote:

> Is there any easy way to find all occurrences of the word "Send" in
> all scripts in a stack?

This feels like a "me too," this late in the game, but I should point
out that Navigator allows you to hilite any set of objects (or just
one) and then search for objects with scripts that contain whatever
text you like. Navigator bookmarks the found results, letting you
then work with the objects you found.

You can also search all the objects contained within the objects you
select. So you can hilite a stack, search enclosed, and find all the
objects anywhere in the stack with the word "send" in their script.

Further, you can search by applying a test. When doing this,
Navigator supplies the long id of each object in a variable "tID."
So, suppose you wanted to find all buttons in a stack with a height
other than 12. You could use this:

word 1 of the long id of tID is "button" and the height of tID is not 12

Navigator would search all the objects in the stack, finding only
objects where the above is true, and bookmark them.

The latest update of Navigator has many new features. The web site
hasn't been updated yet, but you can read about it in the About Box.
Navigator 3.0b1 is available at:

http://www.inspiredlogic.com/Navigator3b1.zip

regards,

geoff