OT: Computer Science in today's market

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Wed Aug 24 19:10:29 EDT 2005

My guess is that this is old data. Funny, but old. I know several
companies that outsource fairly complicated software projects that do
involve relatively rich UIs and they report consistently good results
from their outsourcing partners.

In the early days of outsourcing, there was a lot of this kind of
miscommunication but I suspect that in the "several years" that have
elapsed since Jim's experience, the Indian programming world has made
great strides. Read "The World is Flat" by Thomas L. Friedman for an
up-to-date look at this whole area.