[ANN] New tutorial stack: pngvsgif And a shameless request (long)

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Wed Aug 24 18:36:33 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I just uploaded a new tutorial stack. If you are in a hurry please
scroll down to the bottom of this message to find the URL or check my
userSpace in RevOnline (malte)

The shameless request:

You might have happened to hear from the flood in Switzerland. 2 very
close friends of mine are directly affected. Rabea and Mischa moved to
a new location 2 weeks before the flood came and have lost everything
they own. They had 10 minutes to grab what they could carry and flee
from force of nature. The water went 1.80 meters high inside their new
rooms and now everything is covered with mud, which rendered all of
their things unusable. They survived, even though Rabea needed to be
rescued by boat from the first floor and she could see their personal
belongings be washed away by the flood. Both of them are on their wits'
end.

You can find some pictures of the desaster here:

http://www.yasmine.ch/UW-Loft/

As the insurance won´t pay due to a "force majeure clause" it is unsure
how they should carry on the next few month. Normally I don´t ask for
money when I release something for the community. But as the damages
are so severe and those people really helped me a lot in the past I
decided to donate everything that goes to my paypal-account until
September 30, 2005 (including my Shareware sales)

The PAYPAL-account email is: info at derbrill.de

So, if any of you kind souls have a few cents to help I´d be really
grateful.
I´m still shocked that this happened to close friends of mine. When you
see something like this in the news it is far away, you might think
about it for a while and carry on with your lives. This time it is not
that easy for me. I hope this doesn´t sound like begging. I just don´t
have another clever idea how I could help them. I hope you don´t
considder this mail to be to shameless and of course I hope you like
the tutorial.

All the best,

Malte

Before I forget it, here is the URL: