Problem with Set Script in Compiled App

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Aug 24 10:16:26 EDT 2005

Hi,

There are a number of reasons to extract the Scripts of RunRev
Objects into seperate text files:

1.  We have to check files into a Source Database (Source Control
System) and Binary Files are not handlied that well.

2.  We want to be able to compare and exchange scripts from previous
versions and to track the deleteion and additions of objects to the
stack.

3.  For QA it is usefull to be able to take the latest GUI in terms
of appearance and swop in older scripts, to pin point where the
problems lie.

4.  There are lots of expensive tools (which we have) for comparing
and merging source code trees, exporting the scripts as files allows
us use them.

5.  We want be able to globally replace Text across a whole stack or
project/application.

6  We want to write an "include" file pre-processor that grabs
functions from a Common Include file.

There are more reasons that this, but these are the main ones off the
top of my head!

All the Best
Dave