Creating a answer hyperlink

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Tue Aug 23 16:12:05 EDT 2005

Okay, for a minute there I thought I was going crazy.  I have this
substack I'm using where this works just fine, but I tried exactly
what you just tried and it didn't work.  The difference:  my substack
is a library that I "put in use".  And sure enough, when I did a
"start using" on the little temp stack I was testing with, it
worked.  Kind of a strange thing.  I guess I never realized that
before because I had been using the substack like that long before I
ever put this answer dialog in.  And when it worked just fine, I just
thought that's how it worked and didn't think about it further.
Anyway, that appears to be the workaround for now.  Until Eric
releases his patch, that is. :-)  Not sure if it's much of a
workaround or not.  Is it worth the extra stack in use just to have
links in an answer dialog?  For me it works well because that script
contains other handlers that are called throughout my program.

Chris

On Aug 23, 2005, at 1:28 PM, Ken Ray wrote:

> On 8/23/05 2:08 PM, "Chris Sheffield" <revlist at cableone.net> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 23, 2005, at 12:47 PM, Stephen Barncard wrote:
>>

>>> This puts up a neat dialog with a clickable link - but according to
>>> the message watcher no messages are sent when clicked - even though
>>> the link does hilite.
>>> Guess it has to be built. But it would be neat to send a message
>>> from the htmltext. The limitation is the dialog mode itself by
>>> definition.
>>>

>> Stephen,
>>
>> Not quite true.  Well, maybe the message watcher doesn't see it, but
>> it does work if you put a linkClicked handler in the same script
>> where you call the answer dialog.  I've got a program that uses this
>> method and it works perfectly.  The linkClicked handler then calls
>> revGoURL like normal.
>>

> Can you clarify this a bit more, Chris? I tried this in a button:
>
> on mouseUp
> end mouseUp
>
> on linkClicked pLink
>   put pLink
> end linkClicked
>
> and it didn't work... I clicked the link, but the answer dialog
> remained up
> and nothing showed up in the message box.
>
> Any hints?
>
> :-)
>
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software