The television will be Revolutionised! - first coding

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sun Aug 21 18:20:02 EDT 2005

Hi Andre,

> Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:33:46 -0300
> From: Andre Garzia <soapdog at mac.com>
> Subject: Re: The television will be Revolutionised! - first coding
> 	sprint

> Well here in Brazil we use the word sprint to mean "desesperatly
> running in one direction."

Heh -- well, Here in the US it could be a dash, i.e., a short race, or
it could be a verb, e.g., the act (like you say) of running as fast as
you can for a short distance, or it could be a well known long distance
carrier: < http://www.sprint.com/>

> Code sprints are similar in the analogy that you code as if your life
> depended on that...

Well, if it had to do with emergency services, maybe. But is that what
it really means?

I've looked at some sites, and it looks like it's some kind of meeting,
or contest (I see scoring at some) where people go and see how fast
they can write programs, e.g., extreme programming (whatever_that_
means). Or is it just brainstorming ideas?

Still not sure what it is.....but it doesn't look like something I'd be
interested in. I'm waaay too lazy, like to spend lotsa time working on
ideas, but as little effort as possible to make them work ;-)

All the best,
Ken N.