ANN: Some routines for Spotlight

Yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Sun Aug 21 14:58:39 EDT 2005

Le 21-août-05 à 19:53, Andre Garzia a écrit :

> Folks,
>
> Since I started using MacOS X Tiger, I became very fond of
> Spotlight since it reminds me of BFS.
>
> Spotlight has support for very advanced queries using nested
> boolean logic and cool metadata filters but those features are not
> exposed in the normal spotlight ui. To access those functions you
> need to code your query using Objective-C or use command line tools.
>
> By the use of shell() command we can harvest most of the spotlight
> power by calling commandline tools, the spotlight command line
> tools start with md (from metadata).

Hi Andre,

I have a little problem with your function.

In Mac OS X French you have accent, umlaut, cedilla,...

so my script :

  put mdfind(tSearch) into tmp
gives unreadable result

so I've tried :

  put urldecode(tmp) into tmp

  put isotomac(tmp) into tmp

but it stays unreadable

when you ask for the detailed fiiles and urldecode the result, then
are the lines readable.

How can I perform that ?

Thank you

Greetings.