The television will be Revolutionised! - first coding sprint

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sun Aug 21 12:48:17 EDT 2005

Some years ago, I used Rev to code our chromakey based character
generator for our TV show... it works fine!!! :P

If you're trying to build things for TV I think you should look into
Trevors Quicktime External which can do some nice tricks with Videos.
Also if you fell confortable with AppleScript you can then script
Quartz Composer thus creating a nice presentation full of bells and
whistles.

beware that you'll not be able to re-encode the vlog feeds in
realtime, I don't know what kind of video processing app you're
building, if you're aiming at TV Broadcasting, then you don't need H.
264. IF you deliver on the web, well, then you don't need realtime =)

good luck

cheers
andre

PS: Ken Ray XML Library makes a good job parsing RSS Feeds, beware of
spec war, there are at least 3 RSS specs out there in the wild, also
podcast is not standard yet, videocast is also not a standard... also
there are ATOM feeds with video links and audio links... irgh!