Uncomplete Externals SDK Documentation

Joel Guillod joel.guillod at net2000.ch
Sun Aug 21 03:19:31 EDT 2005

In the RunRevExternalSDK found at:
http://downloads.runrev.com/resources/externals/revexternalssdk.zip
many features remain undocumented in the "Externals" stack and the
other files. I know this has been a recurring and annoying problem
for many years and that a great step has been made last year in the
good direction. RunRev is certainly interested to provide all the
details for developers who are willing to benefit from the whole
power of the externals. Before filling a bug I would like to get your
feedback, did I miss something? Is there an other complete
documentation for externals?

Some of the callback functions not documented or with wrong
documentation:

GetImageByID
GetImageByNum
mc_xtclose
mc_xtinit
ShowImageById
ShowImageByName
ShowImageByNum
X_close
X_init
X_main_loop
X_set_idle_handler
X_set_idle_rate
X_set_poll_handler
X_set_post_poll_handler
X_set_post_xevent_handler
X_set_pre_xevent_handler
X_set_select_handler

In advance thank you.

Joel G
«Only one thing is impossible for God: To find any sense in any
copyright law on the planet.» (Mark Twain)
«Seulement une chose est impossible à Dieu : Trouver le moindre sens
aux lois de copyright sur la planète.» (Mark Twain)