ISAM

Scott Kane scott at proherp.com
Sat Aug 20 21:04:25 EDT 2005

Hi Don,

> A minor (and probably unimportant in the contex) clarification:
>
> MySQL charges for distribution of the *server*. If you
> provide an app
> as, e.g., an ASP that runs on a MySQL server on a hosting service
> where the end user is only *using* that database and never
> installing
> the server, usage is free. But if the end user needs a MySQL
> database
> on his or her machine, then the charge kicks in.

Right.  MYSQL isn't a god choice for the teck level of my
users anyway,

> Scott, I've heard good things about serendipity and the author is a
> frequent contributor here. Certainly worth a look.

So have I.  But sadly the source stacks and routines are
broken (links I should say) on the developers website.
Is this a living product - or abandonware?  I joined the
Google mail list and have had no replies.  I was over the
moon at the potential for this project (Serendipity), but
I can't test it out without the complete links to download
the various pieces.  :-(

Scott