ISAM

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sat Aug 20 12:34:38 EDT 2005

A minor (and probably unimportant in the contex) clarification:

MySQL charges for distribution of the *server*. If you provide an app
as, e.g., an ASP that runs on a MySQL server on a hosting service
where the end user is only *using* that database and never installing
the server, usage is free. But if the end user needs a MySQL database
on his or her machine, then the charge kicks in.

Scott, I've heard good things about serendipity and the author is a
frequent contributor here. Certainly worth a look.

On Aug 20, 2005, at 1:19 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> MySQL is FREE for ISP 100%
>
> But for Application developers which distribute compiled apps NO.

Dan Shafer, Revolution Consultant and Author
http://www.shafermedia.com
 From http://www.revolutionpros.com, Click "My Stuff"