libURLftpUpload returns "invalid host address" error

David Beck davethebrv at crystalpiersw.com
Fri Aug 19 21:53:38 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'm having a problem with using libURLftpUpload returning a "invalid host
address" error.

I am using libURLftpUpload to upload a small file, and then check the result in a
loop with the URLStatus function. Eventually, and this only happens for one
particular customer, URLStatus returns its "error" result, and libURLErrorData
returns "invalid host address". However, I know that the host address is in fact
valid and I also know that the customer has a working internet connection open
when she receives this error. (She is using a 26.4 Kbps modem.) What else could
be causing this problem?? Has anybody seen this before? Is there something else I
can do to further debug the issue?

Any help any of the experienced rev users could give would be greatly
appreciated. I'm stumped!

David Beck
Crystal Pier Software