the message box

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Aug 19 15:38:54 EDT 2005

Jon wrote:

 > Too bad the IDE didn't highlight the reserved word in some special
 > color: I might have been able to guess if that were the case!

Too bad the IDE can't just write your program for you.

Geez Jon, you really don't attempt to read anything, do you? For crying
out loud, all you have to do is spend a couple of hours reading the
docs, checking out Richard's Scripting Style guide
<http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/articles/scriptstyle.html>
and perusing this list, and you would save yourself (and many of us, by
the way) time from typing and reading your constant complaining (again,
and again) on this list.

I've said it before, and I'll repeat it. You should buy the books and
reference manuals, spend a couple of nights reading through them, scan
the lists for interesting items. For instance, I searched the Use-Rev
list for "line break" and the first hit was from Ken Ray:

http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2002-October/008701.html

"You can also use a "\" as in:

put "this is a very long line of text" \
   into myVar"

I mean, that took me all of 2 seconds. Instead, you'd rather type a long
email complaining to the list you couldn't find the answer. Geez.

-Chipp