"working" a web site from Rev

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Fri Aug 19 04:34:02 EDT 2005

On 18 Aug 2005, at 20:24, Jon wrote:

> Dave:
>
> Excellent help.
>
> Question: how would one indicate that a check box field is checked
> (or not)?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jon

I've never done this, but this is what I have read:

-- If the checkbox is unchecked, don't send anything.

-- If the checkbox is checked, send the "value" that is in the html.
For example, if the form element is this (tag markers removed):

        input type="checkbox" name="hobby" value="fishing"

   you would send "hobby=fishing"

-- If no value is defined in the form, send "on" as the value.

-- Multiple checkboxes can have the same name, so if the checkbox
form was like this:

        input type="checkbox" name="hobby" value="fishing"
        input type="checkbox" name="hobby" value="hunting"
        input type="checkbox" name="hobby" value="shooting"

   and the first two items were checked, you would send this:

        hobby=fishing&hobby=hunting

Cheers
Dave