what to do after a Get URL?

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Thu Aug 18 16:30:17 EDT 2005

Jon,

When you use the statement:

 get url "ftp://a.b.c/d.txt"

The url is placed into the local variable "it".  Therefore you can access
the contents by simply getting "it" (put it into tUrlData).  Or, just put
the url into your own variable.  For example:

 put url "ftp://a.b.c/d.txt" into urlData.

To put the data into your local computer as a file, try this:

 on getURLText
   put url "ftp://a.b.c/d.txt" into tUrlData
   ask file "Save As:"
   put it into fPath
   if fPath = "" then
      exit getURLText