ChatRev (ca) one year old

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Wed Aug 17 19:37:52 EDT 2005

I did some digging in the archives last July, and I found some
interesting Mails regarding ChatRev. Unfortunately I missed the perfect
date to post this info by 5 days, due to my laziness (and other
circumstances).

Anyway: Yay to ChatRev's birtday, 13th August, and  to another
prosperous year!
Also a big YAY to the chatters, you make this possible! In no
particular order: Mark, Wouter, Malte, Hugh, Hazy, Xavier, Dan, Ro,
Judy, Marielle, Jeff... (sorry if i have forgotten you)

Most simultaneous users: 25 (during appearance of the Kevin)
Longest Downtime: 3 Days during my move at the end of July
Most snidey remarks: during the first Pulp chat with the Kevin

Many people have learned their first steps with socket communication
thanks to ChatRev, and maybe sometimes one of the Chatrev Coding
Contest can become a big event for the community, unlike this year.
(more on the coding contest in another mail)

Here come the Dates:

Sun Jul 18 2004
First chatting proposal by BvG on the list and on revolutionboard:

http://www.revolutionboard.de/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;
action=display;num=1090189969

http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2004-July/039782.html

wed jul 28
first runrev communitychat using AIM
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2004-July/040659.html

fri august 13
chatrev 1.0 announced
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2004-August/042013.html

mon aug 23
chatrev 1.1
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2004-August/042560.html

tue aug 31
chatrev 1.2
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2004-August/043038.html

sat sep 4
first alternative client by Mark Schonewille
Chatrev 1.2M13
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2004-September/
043444.html

tue nov 4