Can a substack icon in a standalone be rendered invisible?

Stgoldberg at aol.com Stgoldberg at aol.com
Wed Aug 17 16:31:56 EDT 2005

Once again I'd like to approach the great minds on the Revolution forum.
Hopefully, someone can offer a suggestion for the following issue:

I used   Revolution in Mac OS X to create   a standalone in which I'd like
the user to be able to save data.   Since standalone's do not normally save
data, I included a substack and checked off the "Move substacks into individual
stackfiles" checkbox in the File Standalone settings.   This works fine, except
that the standalones for Windows and for Mac OS 9 show the substack on the
hard drive.   (The standalone for OS X is no problem since it is built as a
single icon)   I'm concerned that the presence of two icons on Windows and OS 9 may
confuse the user, since it may not be obvious which icon to click on, the
mainstack icon or the substack icon.

Is there a way in which the substack icon can be made invisible in both the
Windows and OS 9 versions?   I tried putting the substack in a separate folder
by checking off the "Create folder for stackfiles" option in the Standalone
Application Settings, to get the substack out of view.   Also, I renamed the
substack to something utterly boring that would not induce the reader to click on
it.   (I tried checking off the "Rename stackfiles generically" option but
this caused an error message in trying to save as a standalone).   It would be
nice if the substack icon could just be invisible.   Is this possible?
Thanks.
Steve Goldberg