Resetting a router

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Wed Aug 17 15:37:59 EDT 2005

My preference on things such as this is to use a power controller and
to toggle power to the router instead of trying to log into it and
telling it to reset. If it is hosed, logging in might not work but
power cycling it always works IF it is wedged and not defective.

I've used the PowerKey from sophisticated circuits and it is
applescriptable and easy to use. There are tons of other power
control devices out there, search for "network power switch" to get
alternates.

Kee Nethery