Alias' on OS X

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Tue Aug 16 22:36:47 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a very large list of large files (thousands) that I use as a
database in my program.  I also use a subset of them for faster
testing.  At first I was duplicating the subset in another folder,
but I thought it would be nice to just have an alias of the files I
wanted to use in that folder.  The problem is that my program is
happy with the file names except it sees them as empty.  Shouldn't
they provide the get File: URL command with the data from the
original file?

Dennis