Setting Mac OS File Type & Creator

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Tue Aug 16 12:07:46 EDT 2005

just a suggestion out of the blue

why not rename the file with a pc type extension like file.txt

The Files and something Control Panel in OS9 did manage the extensions to be
filetyped
to any preference you set in the control panel...

Uh, but im not sure that works too well unless you rebuild the desktop,
rebooted twice and held the control-alt-command shift 1 key with one
hand while you pressed the reboot key with the other ;))

Who said PCs are bad?

There was a utility app in macOS named FileTyper with which you could create
droplets to drop your files (or open them via AS) and preset the file props
including type and creator.

That would be quicker...

cheers
Xavier