uploading QuickTime movie to ftp server

Claire Bradin Siskin cbsiskin+ at pitt.edu
Tue Aug 16 09:56:04 EDT 2005

<snip>

Dave Cragg wrote:

>I read somewhere that QT movies need to be "prepared" (flattened) for
>x-platform use. If so, I guess this would be the same for ftp
>uploading (remove stuff from the resource fork). Perhaps one of the
>QT gurus can help out.

Since no QT gurus have stepped forward :-), I found another way to
accomplish what I wanted to do. What I was **really** trying to do
was get Revolution to upload a sound file to the server.

  libURLftpUploadfile globalvariable, \
       "ftp://username:password@myftpserver.edu/" & globalvariable & ".wav"

The above script works just fine, and it can be played in QuickTime
or whatever.

Of course, those who know me will realize that it was really my
husband who figured this out. :-)

Regards, Claire

--
Claire Bradin Siskin