uploading QuickTime movie to ftp server

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 06:51:16 EDT 2005

On 15 Aug 2005, at 03:03, Claire Bradin Siskin wrote:

> I am trying to upload a binary file (QuickTime movie) to an ftp
> server, using the following script:
>
>   put URL "binfile:moviefile.mov" into URL "ftp://
> username:password at myftpserver.edu/moviefile.mov"
>

> With this script, I get a file on the server with the correct
> number of bytes, but the file appears not to be binary and cannot
> be opened by QuickTime.

The syntax looks correct. All ftp transfers in Rev are done as
binary. When you say the file appears not to be binary, can you be
more specific? How are you trying to open the movie in QT, as a file
or as a url?

I was able to use a similar script to upload a movie file by ftp and
then play it from the QT Player as a file. No problems.

Cheers
Dave