running the Player

Dom mcdomi at free.fr
Sun Aug 14 16:17:37 EDT 2005

J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> Player appears to need some adjustments.

Indeed ;-)
Else, a simple text file with some explanations would be helpful!
A searched in the help, with the word "Player". Didn't found helpful
hints! Not to confuse also with the video animations ;-)

> I don't think it loads libraries either, if stacks are just
> double-clicked.

I told here that my Diary would not more respond to a "delete card" menu
action. I am thinking that it resorts to an old "ask answer" problem ;-)
In fact, on the menu action, I ask wether the usr is sure to delete the
card. So, it relies on the "answer" substack in Revolution, which is NOT
obviously in the MetaCard Player!
Oddly, the Player is able to "find" this substack when it is located
within the Dreamcard folder -- but not when it is located outside.

I had this problem with standalones created by Rev 1.x, but not aware of
the very same problem with the Player -- in fact it seems that the
Player is a sort of standalone, for individuals which are not buying the
Studio (or better ;-)) version of Revolution...

--
Revolutionario (not so much)