Recording Sound on the Mac

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Sun Aug 14 00:55:32 EDT 2005

Sivakatirswami,
Wouldn't you know it? I just hooked up my iBook yesterday to a usb sound-thing (not Griffith)

Results: Hugely better sound quality.
I tried with a number of mikes:
1. Karaoke-style mike (works well with my tape-deck): so-so, muffled 78  rpm sound.
2. Headset--a little buzz (could be because my rabbit chomped throuh the cord and I fixed it myself.)
3. ancient Fujitsu desktop mike which I'd picked up for a buck. Great sound.

After choosing the USB thing in the Sound control panel, I used Rev to record. No problem. The only big difference I could see with your script is that I don't use mpeg4. I set the format to wave.

I have had some success encoding into mp3, if you're interested. That needs a wave file.

Tom McCarthy
Ego sum rex Romanus et supra grammaticam.
                 Sigismund I (obit 1437)